August 24, 2012

Becoming a Bride

So far my wedding day was a mix of excitement, nerves and anticipation. Each moment of the morning was leading one step closer to becoming a wife. But first I needed to finish becoming a bride by putting on my gorgeous dress!



My Ella Rosa gown is a mermaid style with strapless sweetheart neckline in ivory satin. I added a crystal sash for just the right amount of bling.
 



The corset back really made this dress fit me like a glove and was suprisingly comfortable to wear.  Getting laced into this dress was quite the production and took three women about half an hour to accomplish. We shared some laughs along the way and sang some Celine Dion to keep the mood light.



My beautiful Swarovski crystal earrings were the finishing touch. I can't wait to wear these beauties again!



Not one to break with tradition too much, I had something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue with me on our wedding day. My mother generously gave me some lace from her 1960's wedding dress to use as a bouquet wrap for my something old.



My wedding dress was my something new.

For my something borrowed, my father's wedding band was sewn into my dress. He passed away about 6 years ago so it really meant a lot to me that he would be with me as I walked down the aisle



For my something blue, I went with blue toenails. Simple, fun and it put a big smile on my face when I saw them on our honeymoon :)

 

1 comment:

  1. Aww lovely pics, love your dress too. I love you had your Dad's ring sewn into your dress, I would've like to have done the same thing with my Grandad's ring. My something blue was the same.

    ReplyDelete