October 08, 2012

We Cut the Cake


I know I've posted about this wedding cake ad nauseum, but we've finally come to the end of its journey!
 
Our cake table featured framed pictures of our parents from their weddings, a vintage-style glass cake stand and more of those blue fabric flowers to tie in the room's decor. For cutting the cake, we chose to borrow the silver cake knife and server that my grandmother gave my mom to use at her wedding.
 
 
 
We had these cute vintage Mr and Mrs forks that were an awesome gift from my mom via Etsy seller Pretty Paris. I highly recommend a set of these forks as a wedding gift. The quality is excellent and we're looking forward to using them every year on our anniversary! 
 
 
I just had to mention our cake toppers. You'll remember this was a simple DIY project and they were such a hit with our guests. In planning our wedding, I tried to have manageable DIY projects that added lots of character and these sure fit the bill.
 
 
 We didn't practice cake cutting before the day, so I'm glad to see that J got in on the action and I didn't just take over.
 
 
 
Ahem...
 
 
Good teamwork :) 
 
 
Lucky for him, J followed our agreement of no cake smushing. The cake was really delicious! Instead of serving it to our guests (I would have never tried making a cake large enough to serve 100 people and then paid the serving fee at our venue), we shared it with family at a brunch the next day.  
 
 
We didn't save the top to eat on our first anniversary. Tradition be damned, especially when it doesn't make any sense. Year-old cake is not tasty and I can easily whip up a mini version of our cake to enjoy.

1 comment: