This week I was inspired by this tutorial and decided to try my first DIY project: a fabric flower. But instead of fabric, wouldn't it be great if I could make these out of tissue paper?
Yeah, not so much. This picture look suprisingly decent, but trust me, this was a DONT. Back to following the instructions!
First, I cut out 8 circles of fabric about 2 inches across and made them a bit wavy at the edges to get a more natural look. BTW, this was some extra fabric I had lying around that won't be making an appearance at the wedding.
Then I put a dab of hot glue in the centre of each circle and folded it in half. Put a smaller dot of glue in the centre and fold each circle in half again.
Cut a circle about the size of a quarter out of cardboard.
Glue four of the circles to the cardboard at the top, bottom and both sides.
Cut the bottom tip off three of the circles. Glue them on top of the 4 petals in a triangle shape.
Roll the remaining circle and glue it in the middle of the flower.
Success! These lovelies take less than 5 minutes and can be customized to your wedding colours or theme depending on the fabric you use. Now I just need to plan something to do with them :)
No comments:
Post a Comment