October 13, 2011

Fantastic Florals: Preparation

This weekend brings my first visit to a florist. Woohoo! My mom, an awesome gardener and fellow flower lover, will be joining me. Before the fun begins, I prepared a few questions and ideas.

You might want to consider using local and seasonal flowers, or having your florist recommend less expensive options to stay within your budget. It's good karma to spread the beauty and arrange for your flowers to be re-delivered to a hospital or retirement home following the reception.

To get the most out of my consultation, I gathered some important information for the florist:
- number of bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, centerpieces and any other arrangements
- pictures of ceremony and reception sites
- wedding colours and reception decor
- flower likes, dislikes and any allergies
- guest count and reception style
- arrangements and colours that I like
- picture of wedding dress and fabric type, colour and style of bridesmaids' dresses

And here are the questions I plan to ask:
What's your experience with weddings? Do you have a portfolio for me to view?
Do you offer packages?
Is there an itemized quote or an a la carte price list?
Do you make the arrangements yourself?
Do you guarantee flower types and colours?
Are sketches or mock-ups available to see before signing the contract?
What flowers are in season at the time of my wedding?
What are your setup, delivery and break down fees?
Do you rent vases? Can you make an arrangement in vases that I provide?
How long do we have to finalize the order? How often can we change it without penalty?
What time will you deliver and setup the flowers? How much time will you need?

No comments:

Post a Comment