November 22, 2011

Pew Bow Second Thoughts

You may remember from an earlier post that I had planned to decorate the church with DIY satin pew bows. The more I thought about these and the prospect of making them, the more I hated the idea and finally decided to scrap them all together. So now what? Canadian Memorial is a gorgeous church and we want to let it speak for itself, but I'd like a little something to jazz it up and personalize the ceremony.


Inspiration hit me after making my hair flower. I could use the same technique to make flowers that will line the aisle! Clustering 3 flowers on the aisle in front of every other pew (1 large and 2 small) means I need to make 60 of them. They are fairly quick to make by folding each chiffon petal into quarters and then sewing four quarters together.



Because I'm not the neatest sewer, I bought some ivory beads and glued them in the centre of each flower (a low temp glue gun won't melt your fabric) to cover up the stitches.




These are quite delicate so I may add a layer of tulle underneath for stability. I'm really pleased with how these turned out and they can be used at the reception as well to decorate the bar or guestbook table.

No comments:

Post a Comment