January 02, 2012

Choosing my Hairstyle

Oh wedding hair, why must you be so difficult?! My hair is very fine with a wavy texture that turns into unruly curls the second it meets water in any form. These aren't good qualities for wearing my hair down, or even in a "half-up" style on the wedding day. Usually, I wear my hair in a simple ponytail or loose bun so I'm comfortable with an updo and will still feel like myself. Since my hair holds a curl well, I'm also thinking of having curls in my updo to add interest and volume.

So I've got the basic updo concept settled. Choosing how my hair will look in the front is also pretty simple. I have a sideswept fringe, so I'll leave it that way for the wedding. This Carrie Underwood style is perfect!


Beyond that, I'm totally confused. Without giving too much away, my dress is a sophisticated satin number. Should I mirror that with a classic and sleek updo?

Or should I soften the dress with a more textured and relaxed style?


 
Keep in mind that I'll be wearing a long veil during the ceremony (attached near the crown of my head) and then a large floral fascinator at the recception. The low chignon, either centered or off to one side, seems very popular right now for brides wearing  hair accessories...

 


 

...but I just don't think it's as flattering for me as a higher updo.



What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment