A popular option is to have a wedding
band shaped so that the two rings line up together.
This design has never appealed to me because I know there will be times when I'd like to wear the wedding band alone (or I want the possibility of doing this) and a notched band by itself doesn't look that great. The gap made by wearing my engagement ring together with a straight band isn't a problem for me, so I knew I wanted something in a channel set style to match the side diamonds on my engagement ring.
This design has never appealed to me because I know there will be times when I'd like to wear the wedding band alone (or I want the possibility of doing this) and a notched band by itself doesn't look that great. The gap made by wearing my engagement ring together with a straight band isn't a problem for me, so I knew I wanted something in a channel set style to match the side diamonds on my engagement ring.
As fate would have it, there was a
perfectly matched wedding band waiting for me in the display case! It
has more diamonds than my engagement ring, so the position of the
diamonds doesn't line up in the two rings. Trio is able to make me a
custom band with the right number of diamonds so they do line up, but
with the price of gold so high it would cost the same as the ring
with more diamonds. Not one to say no to free diamonds, I chose to go
with the ring in the display case :)
My set will look similar to this, but the wedding band will have more diamonds in it. Beautiful!
My set will look similar to this, but the wedding band will have more diamonds in it. Beautiful!
J wanted a very simple and timeless plain white gold band. He chose to go with a comfort fit design where the inside of the band is rounded for a more comfortable feel. This style is recommended for men because it's easier to slide over large knuckles and it will help J get over the strange feeling of wearing a ring after 30 years of naked hands :)
This was the easiest wedding-related task so far. Our rings will take about 3 weeks to arrive, so we'll be returning about 2 months before the date to order them. If we ordered them any earlier I know I'd be tempted to wear my band around the house and that's bad when you live with a traditionalist like J!




No comments:
Post a Comment