May 14, 2012

Bridal Shower Fun

I arrived at my Mom's house on a Saturday afternoon for a mysterious shower planned by Maid of Honour K and Bridesmaid J, who are also my sister and soon to be sister-in-law.

The house was very festive with pink and white balloons, streamers and matching cyclamen and begonia plants. And many wonderful ladies from my family and Josh's family! My mom's little poodle really liked meeting everyone :)


We all enjoyed a delicious lunch of pineapple-cranberry punch with fresh strawberries, puff pastry hors d'ouvres, homemade meatballs, veggies, chips, lemon basil chicken, assorted cheeses and crackers.

Since I love to bake, the shower had a kitchen theme and Bridesmaid J organized a fun game of  "Guess the Herb" with prizes from Purdy's chocolates.


Then it was time for presents! My aunt made this gorgeous quilted table runner for me.

 

For dessert we all enjoyed this awesome lemon cake (my favourite flavour) decorated with handmade fondant baking treats. It was almost too pretty to cut, but tasted just as good as it looked.


 
My shower was such a fun and thoughtful afternoon. It may sound corny, but I really was "showered" with love and best wishes and I'm so grateful to have a wonderful family!

No comments:

Post a Comment