May 10, 2012

Gifting my Girls

All through the planning of this wedding, my bridesmaids have been awesome. They check in with me regularly, offer whatever help they can and often use my three favourite words "whatever you want." Hearing that never gets old :)

I really wanted to treat my ladies to a thoughtful gift since they are also family! So let's dive into the wonderful world of bridal party gifting.

Traditionally, the bride gifts her ladies with items that are useful on the day of the wedding.

This could include robes for getting ready, jewellery to match their dresses, a compact mirror to keep them looking fabulous, a flask to keep them refreshed, a wrap to keep them cozy, or flip flops for a comfortable reception.
 
Another popular choice is gifting items that can be used beyond the wedding day, such as a set of wine glasses, makeup case or tote bag. Personalized wood hangers have made many appearances around the blogosphere and can be purchased through Etsy sellers or this shop. You could even make your own with wire or paint. You can find a simple and cute monogram tote bag tutorial here.







Speaking of personalization, I think unique gifts are the way to go, particularly if you have a large bridal party. Gifts could be chosen that appeal to each girl's personality, interests or favourite colours, or you could have items monogramed. When in doubt, a framed picture of you with your gal and a sweet letter makes a heartfelt and personal present.

For my ladies, I went with a combination of useful items and gifts tailored to their individual interests.  In case they're reading (not likely, but I'd hate to ruin the surprise), I'll reveal our gifts in a future post!

No comments:

Post a Comment