After visiting
Lisa's Bridal Salon in New Westminster and a quick lunch, the last stop in my wedding dress search was
Sposa Wedding World.
Sposa carries an excellent selection of silk and lace dresses, so I would suggest heading here first if those are the fabrics you want. The price range for dresses was higher than the other three stores I visited, but they were having a sale and approximately half of their dresses were available at an excellent discount. If you purchase your gown here, they offer $50 off your veil and a 15% discount for your bridesmaids at
Bella Sposa, the evening gown store located next door.
Here are some of my favourites from this store, including some gorgeous Paloma Blanca:
I hate to say it, but I was not impressed by the service at Sposa. My appointment was booked for one hour before the store closed and I felt rushed the entire time. We picked our selection of dresses to try on and then were told "there's no way you can try on all of these gowns" and had to cut some. They only have 3 dressing areas and we were taken to a small back room with no natural light that was next to the store room. My consultant had snippy remarks about my Spanx (who wants to look lumpy on their big day?!) and often left me waiting for help getting into gowns. As she was writing down the style number of my top choice, the lights were turned out! If an hour isn't long enough to properly shop for dresses, then why does Sposa book appointments so late in the day? Considering that this is a high end store, the level of service was a big disappointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment