The plan for our Save the Dates was to order postcards from VistaPrint. Postcards are a great medium because they're informal and easy for guests to put on their fridges! We wanted to get these out nice and early for our guests who need to book airline tickets and accommodations, so my sister generously agreed to be our photographer. J and I are a casual foodie couple and we wanted to encorporate our personalities into the save the dates. The cookie photo on the front was inspired by another couple's engagement session I found through internet research. Try googling save the dates for other great ideas to make your own.
147 shots later (!!) we had lots of great images to choose from. Since I'm not graphically inclined at all, I used FotoFlexer and Picasa (free online photo editing tools) and MS PowerPoint (ok actually the Open Office presentation maker) to put these together. For the front, I used Segoe Script in individual text boxes for each word so I could easily position the text. Pardon the blanking out for privacy :)
We had some cute images that I wanted to incorporate on the back of the postcard. Since we used envelopes (not too crazy about our postcards getting damaged in the mail or having Canada Post employees privy to our wedding details), I nixed the traditional postcard design. The text is a combination of Segoe Script and Segoe Print.
I ordered these and matching envelopes from Vistaprint during one of their epic sales when postcards and custom design uploads were free. Score :) We got tons of great feedback from our guests on these, especially the pictures on the back!
No comments:
Post a Comment