April 26, 2012

How Inviting: The Assembly

The Download and Print template requires that each invitation or enclosure card be trimmed along cut lines. Staples offers a flat rate of only $1 for cutting, but their online options were limited to either a cut in half horizontally or a cut in half vertically which didn't fit with the cuts I needed to make. So I collected our invitations, rushed to the paper cutter at my office and promptly confused myself as I kept cutting off the guidelines and couldn't figure out how the ruler worked. Thank goodness Download and Print offers videos to help customers with the cutting process and I was soon back in business. A short 2 hours later (it was a relaxing zen thing for me) our invitations and enclosures were ready for assembly.

Our invitation package was inspired by two brides from Weddingbee who used mini MOO cards and twine or ribbon to tie their enclosures together.



I turned a Sunday family dinner into a small sweatshop for the afternoon with myself, J, Bridesmaid K and her boyfriend cranking out invitations. First we punched our mini MOO cards in the upper corner with a 1/8" round punch. Then we wrote in the number of seats reserved for each guest on the RSVP cards, piled the enclosures on top of the invitation and tied the whole thing together with blue crochet thread.

The package was placed into a white A7 envelope with our custom return address labels from VistaPrint and sealed with a glue stick. I briefly considered using Mail Merge to print our addresses but was saved from that headache when J volunteered to hand write them. He's a keeper :) Ready for the big mailout!

No comments:

Post a Comment