April 10, 2012

Let's Eat!

I've seen enough episodes of Four Weddings to know that food can make or break your reception. Great food was a top priority for us and played a major part in our choice of reception venue. Check out this awesome looking seafood offered by the Diamond Alumni Centre.





 
The DAC catering menu featured several buffet choices or a 3 course plated dinner. J and I chose a dinner buffet with chicken, fish and pasta entrees plus a beef carving station. The buffet also included 9 salads, cheese and vegetable platters, 3 side dishes and a selection of fruits, cakes and pastries for dessert. Yum.


I checked in with the venue coordinator about 3 weeks before we needed to finalize our menu and found out that their entire catering menu had changed! Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to get the same buffet selections as the previous menu, but I'm really pleased to see that the DAC modernized their menu with interesting dishes and more choices.

Couples wanting a buffet dinner now start with a base menu that includes 7 salads, 4 decorative platters, 2 entree choices, 3 side dishes and an assortment of cakes, pastries and fruit for desserts. You then choose from a huge selection of add-ons priced per person that include hors d'oeuvres, carving stations, deluxe entrees like halibut and duck, seafood or sushi platters and chef attended stations where dishes are made to order. And they also offer a chocolate fountain or sundae bar for even more sweets!



Guests at our wedding can look forward to honey mango glazed chicken, wild BC salmon with corn and tomato salsa and a AAA prime rib carving station. I'm really looking forward to this meal and you can bet I'll be taking the time to eat at our reception :)


2 comments:

  1. We LOVE buffets! (Keep Dan away from the seafood!)
    Duke (and Mrs. Duke)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this with us! Some really amazing features.
    Carving Stations and Food Warmer Lamps

    ReplyDelete