J wants to have a slideshow that follows us through childhood and the story of our relationship. If you'd like a subtle way to share photos with guests, you can load a slideshow onto a digital picture frame and display it at the recepion. If you're wanting a 5-10 minute show presented during dinner, combining video clips with your photos is a great way to keep guests entertained. Why not include video messages from close friends and family or even those who aren't able to attend the wedding? I think humor is an excellent addition to any wedding reception and this slideshow is an awesome way to do something really unique! MS PowerPoint, flickr or Picasa can create basic slideshows or use programs like iPhoto or Kioza to add animations and transitions.
Looking for something different? Try a caricature artist to draw fun pictures that your guests can take home. Or consider having professional dancers or musicians to incorporate your interests or heritage and give your guests a memorable experience.
Another popular entertainment option is wedding games. I'm a fan of the shoe game or newlywed game as fun ice-breakers or you could include musical chairs, have the bride pick her groom from a crowd of men based on certain features or even encourage tables to write a song about the couple.
For some extra motivation, have the winners get to hit the buffet first!
And don't forget to consider creative ways of getting the newlyweds to kiss beyond the traditional clinking of glasses.


I have a digital photo frame that has gone virtually unused...what a great idea! I have been debating whether it is worth it to have to rent/find a projector to do a slideshow, but I think I have found a solution!!!
ReplyDelete