Let's take a short break from wedding details to talk about my fabulous honeymoon.
During all of the planning and projects leading up to the wedding, every once in awhile I'd remind myself that we get a vacation at the end! A glorious, relaxing honeymoon just the two of us. J and I spent a week on a roadtrip through the Canadian Rockies. We decided to break up the drive by staying at Shuswap Lake in the BC Interior, about halfway between Vancouver and Banff.
We arrived in Alberta to fog and rain, not much different from Vancouver weather :) Our cabin at Storm Mountain Lodge was very cozy and private with a wood burning fireplace to keep us warm. Stay tuned for a review of the lodge in a future post.
Despite the cool temperatures, flooding and thunderstorms that kept us from hiking and horseback riding, J and enjoyed our time in Banff visiting the magestic Banff Fairmont Springs hotel, the Upper Hot Springs and Bow River Falls.
We met a few of the locals too!
A big highlight of our honeymoon was a mountain helicopter tour we took from Canmore up to Banff. It was my first trip in a helicopter and I was a little nervous but I'd love to go again! The scenery was amazing.
Up next, we head to Lake Louise and the Columbia Icefields along one of the most scenic drives in the world.
Love Moose's or is it an Elk?
ReplyDelete