July 11, 2012

Location Scouting at SFU

Although we had about 3 hours between our ceremony and entrance at the reception, we needed to accomplish formal family portraits, bridal party photos and a 45 minute drive in those few short hours. Organization was key so I spent some time before the big day to create a game plan with our photographer Amber, who wasn't very familiar with the SFU campus.

I sent Amber a few pictures of locations around the SFU campus that I thought could work, keeping in mind that we would be walking in heels and dress clothes.

The Rotunda: behind the campus security office on Gaglardi Way


Convocation Mall: between the library and Maggie Benston Centre


Museum of Archaeology: off the northeast corner of the AQ


Saywell  Hall: directly next to the Museum of Archaeology


Academic Quadrangle: home to colourful mosaic walls, gardens and a pond


 

The north side of the AQ outside of Images Theatre


Weather at SFU can be foggy, rainy or both no matter what time of year, but don't worry! There are many interesting spots inside around campus such as the funky walls of the South Science Building.


There are many beautiful art pieces around campus that would also work as indoor backgrounds. This spot is in the Kinesiology wing.


I included some inspiration shots from local photographers along with my location ideas. Don't be afraid to do this! Amber appreciated getting an idea of what shots were possible and was really excited to shoot at a new spot outside of Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment