July 07, 2012

Our Cookie Favours

J and I enjoyed testing recipes for the cookies we planned to give as guest favours. We chose to go with two types of cookies: classic chocolate chip and a brownie-like double chocolate chip. The double chocolate was so good I just have to share the recipe.

Double Chocolate Cookies
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda. Set aside. Blend butter with sugars using electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and then vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Place rounded tablespoons onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets and bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.

I spent some time 2 weeks before the wedding (in between baking the wedding cake) to make, portion and freeze all of the cookie dough. Bridesmaid J and I then baked about 240 cookies a couple of days before. We were a baking machine and it was nice to escape the wedding stress for a few hours!


Favours were assembled the day before. I designed and printed free custom monogram labels from The Wedding Chicks. We placed two cookies into 4x6" clear treat bags, folded down the tops and secured with a stapler. The reception stationery featured different shades of blue card stock and we used that paper to fold over the top of each bag and cover the staples.

On the wedding day, we brought a big box of cookies with us in the limo to the ceremony; a little strange but the cookies had to be fresh. My day-of-coordinator picked them up afterwards and placed them at each table setting for guests to enjoy at the ceremony.

 

1 comment: